Optimising your Content Strategy for Lead Generation
Digital marketing has evolved, the internet now offers opportunities for data driven and targeted advertising that can deliver results for your business. Consumers these days are constantly multitasking, on the go, and can be hard to impress, therefore brands are now focused on building up their content creation game by producing in-depth and interactive content.
While the quality of content is fundamental, your content strategy needs to be optimised to capture and nurture leads.
Optimise for Customer Experiences
Finding the right keywords is very important when optimising your content, although instead of just targeting keywords, ensure that you find the right keywords that target customer’s experience.
Consider the following questions:
- Which keywords and questions are your target readers most likely to search when looking for something your content is answering?
- What may have brought them to search for that specific question or topic? (Think about what they may be doing; Are they working on a project? Are they buying something? Do they want more information about a product or service?)
- Provide links, directions and downloads which will match all the possible circumstances that have bought people to your site. (Link your product and services pages throughout your piece of content to drive more traffic and navigation around your website)
Find Innovative Ways to Connect with your Consumers
It is important for brands to think about how they can connect with their consumer in various ways. Most websites use opt-in forms for users to subscribe to an emailing list, this helps businesses build relationships with the consumer. Although this is a great technique there are new and innovative ways to continue to nurture leads.
Consider these two possible options:
- Connect your opt-in forms to a customer relationship management platform (CRM). A CRM platform can help businesses organise their contacts and develop a comprehensive strategy to connect with them. Using social media, you can keep a detailed record of all interactions and identify the best ways to turn your readers into buyers.
- Reach out to your content readers with personal ads by using retargeting campaigns. Retargeting campaigns remind your website visitors of your products and services after they leave your website without making a purchase. They can be done with the help of Google Ads, Facebook retargeting, LinkedIn Ads, and other retargeting advertising platforms. Retargeting is a vital tool that can be used to connect with consumers and increase sales and consumer loyalty.
Content marketing strategies are constantly evolving, there will never be one perfect way to do everything. Although, investing your time and money into developing a well thought out content marketing plan can assist with the success and growth of your business.